Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Love one another, even the smelly guy at the computer lab

The Heavens have blessed us all. Isn't it marvelous?
So, I've been here in marvelous Missoula for a couple three days now, and I have to tell ya, it's a great place to serve. The city is nestled snugly right up against beautiful green laden mountains with a river running through it (as you can see above). The streets are crazy with Subaru's zooming by in every direction. All the streets are laced with big leafy trees that just put a smile on my face. There are hippies everywhere, and we all know that I love hippies. What more could a guy ask for?

Well, right now, I could ask for a different computer at the library. One thing about some of these hippies is an adverse reaction to cleanliness. The stench that is wafting through the air is a bit icky. In fact, it stings the nostrils. But you know what? I still love the guy. I would give him a big ol' hug right now if it wasn't so weird. I would tell him that Jesus is his friend and that He loves him too (which is sometimes pretty weird to people too). Christ didn't care about people's money, intelligence, how many friends they had, or even if they smelled noxious. He loved everyone and has commanded each of us to love our brothers and sis' all around us. Really, if you look at it closely, He loves me, so He has to love everyone. Right? So get out there and be kind, and remember to love everyone around you. Wait! Real quick, would you rather be trapped in a room--- with three hippies for a week, or me for a week?

3 comments:

  1. 3 hippies!!! wouldn't THAT be Marvelous?!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hippies eh? Well, good ole Northern Cali would be right up your alley. My favorite thing about being a missionary is all the weird looks by us just simply smiling and waving at everyone. It's the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If they were 3 hippies from Texas! haha Jesus DOES love everyone :) I like this!

    ReplyDelete