- I was not as prepared as I thought I was.
- It didn't matter, because I knew that the Book of Mormon was true.
I knew the Gospel before I came out. I had experienced it's transforming power. But I had no idea what was in store for me. I had no idea that the Lord would bless me so much. I have seen so many miracles in this one year of service, and I am terrified that I only get one more. One more year is all that the Lord has allotted me. After one year of service I have determined I now know 7 things:
- The Lord uses weaklings like myself and qualifies us for His work.
- God the Father lives.
- Jesus Christ is the Savior of the world and through Him we can return to our Heavenly Father.
- Joseph Smith was a prophet and through him the gospel, Christ's church and priesthood were restored.
- We have a prophet on the earth today, Thomas S. Monson, who is the Lord's representative.
- The Book of Mormon is the word of God.
- Coming on the mission was the best decision I ever made.