Monday, September 26, 2011

Mumford and Sons/Josh Garrels Collabo! (in my blog)

I feel like this little guy sometimes! All feared up!
I've heard it said that we shouldn't take any counsel from our fears. Unfortunately for me, fears and doubts have been running rampant through my mind. So what am I to do? Well, thank the good Lord for music and how it has again helped me to come a little bit closer to overcoming my weaknesses.

The song "Children of the Earth" by Josh Garrels is about becoming like a child again. It has been ringing so true to me. In the song is the line, "Make my mind free from fears, you know I can't do it on my own." This has helped me to remember the absolute necessity of prayer in overcoming our fears. I love the statement the Lord makes in the Doctrine and Covenants. In section 6 verse 36 where He tells us to, "Look unto (Him) in every thought. Doubt not, fear not." It's so simple, yet so powerful. If we will remember the Lord in all our doings, and turn to Him at every moment of weakness, doubt and fear will begin to disappear. This thought reminds me of another song by Mumford and Sons.


The chorus pierces my soul and reminds me of the love of Christ that is available to me, if I will allow it to sink in. It says:

"And there will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears.
And love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears.
Get over your hill and see, what you find there,
With grace in your heart and flowers in your hair."

Check out Mormon.org then!
I know my hair is pretty awesome, but to have flowers in it would be a little weird. I think you get the point though. When we are in the midst of trials, trials which can bring doubts and fears, we can take courage in knowing that the trial will someday end. There will be a better day, if we turn to Christ. We may wish the end to get here sooner than later, but it will come. We can look unto Christ in every thought, let His love mend the heart, and dismiss all fears.

1 comment: